DA NANG TO PHONG NHA (OR VV)
Start in Da Nang / Hoi An and travel through mountains and jungles to Phong Nha National Park or begin in Phong Nha and end in Da Nang/Hoi An.
PILLION TOUR – DA NANG TO PHONG NHA OR VV ITINERARY:
Day 1 Da Nang / Hoi An to Hue (Approx. 120 km)
We start the day with a scenic ride down the beach front that brings us to the incredible Hai Van Pass. Here, 21 kilometres of sweeping bends over 500m of jungle-covered mountain gives us the most amazing coastal views in central Vietnam.
Heading north up the coast, we pass the Lang Co Lagoon and later reach the giant Cau Hai Lagoon with its massive square fishing nets and other interesting fishing practices. A break for a local style lunch gives us a chance to try the Hue style foods. In the afternoon we’ll visit the City of Ghosts, Vietnam’s most luxurious cemetery. Travelling through seemingly endless rice paddies and riding small roads through the countryside, we make our way to Hue city. We’ll finish the day with a visit to the Imperial Citadel of Hue, a UNESCO world heritage site and home to the last emperors of Vietnam.
Day 2 Hue to Khe Sanh (Approx. 240km)
Taking the small back roads out of Hue city, we’ll cross the beautiful Tam Giang Lagoon before following the coast through small fishing villages and aqua-farming ponds. We’ll then enjoy a local-style lunch at Vinh Moc and have a chance to visit the incredible underground tunnel network at Vinh Moc village. The entire village lived underground for 8 years to escape the American bombing. A truly amazing place. Next, is a visit the 17th Parallel Marker where you can see the famous Hien Luong Bridge before taking Route 9 past the remains of many US Bases and into the mountains and cross the DMZ itself. A cold drink awaits us at the hotel.
Day 3 Khe Sanh to Phong Nha (Approx. 250km)
The day starts with a visit to the Khe Sanh Combat Base. The longest battle of all the wars in Vietnam took place here and we can see tanks, helicopters, and planes still sitting on the runway as well as a small museum. Next, we’ll join the Ho Chi Minh Trail West road. One of the best roads in Asia for bikers, this road should be on everyone’s bucket list. We’ll then ride through the coffee plantations before climbing an 1100 meter mountain pass covered in untouched jungle. In the seemingly endless mountains and jungle, you’ll find small wooden stilt house villages where the tribes live a peaceful, traditional lifestyle. As we come to the start of the giant limestone Karst formation mountains we can stop for lunch in a small hill tribe town. After carrying on through more mountains, more views and more amazing riding, we’ll finally enter Phong Nha National Park, a UNESCO Heritage area of natural beauty. There, we’ll follow the historic Victory Road down to the river and finish at the hotel.
Customise Your Own Tour Date
3 Day Pillion Tour – Da Nang to Phong Nha or Phong Nha to Da Nang Summary & Pricing
- Start: Da Nang or Phong Nha
- Finish: Phong Nha or Da Nang
- Distance: Approx. 610 kms
- Motorcycle: Royal Enfield Himalayan (410cc)
- Price for Pillion Passenger – From USD 593.00 approx AUD 915.00 per person.
- Price for a private tour – One person only – From USD 743.00 approx AUD 1,145.00.
Details and approximate conversion as at 23 February 2020.
- 2 Nights Accommodation
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Good quality, top condition motorbike
- All Meals while on tour
- Snacks, water & soft drinks while on tour
- First aid kit
- Accommodation fees during tour
- Entry fees, tolls and other ‘on the road’ fees
- Waterproof jacket & pants (if required)
- 15L dry bag (if required)
- Pick up & return to hotel (or airport)
- Adventure & excitement
- Groups of 6 or more include support van
- Groups of 8 or more include tour medic
What can be added to your tour: (Please contact us for pricing)
- Support Van – if not already included
- Helmet (EU or DOT Standard certified)
- Motorbike Jacket – Lightweight, mesh style – with back, elbow & shoulder protection
- Lightweight motorbike gloves
- Pre & Post tour accommodation – we can assist with hotel recommendations
What you need to provide:
- Appropriate riding clothing – no open toe footwear
- Alcoholic drinks (if you enjoy)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- Visa – as required
- Smiles & laughs
For customers who are travelling with larger luggage, we recommend you send your main luggage by one of the many bus services which run daily between Phong Nha, Hue, Danang and Hoi An. Your hotel reception should be able to assist you with this.