DANANG / HOI AN ROUND TRIP
This two-day loop takes you to explore stunning waterfalls, jungle, mountains, ancient Hindu ruins, and military historical sites.
MOUNTAINS, WATERFALLS & THE HO CHI MINH TRAIL TOUR ITINERARY:
Meet at 9:00 am for full tour briefing. Have your passport, rider’s licence, International Driver’s Permit and 3 month visa for Vietnam ready to enable the authorisation for you to ride legally in Vietnam. You will then be introduced to your Royal Enfield Himalayan. There will be time to enjoy a Vietnamese coffee and the rest of the day to explore before meeting up at 6:00 pm for dinner and drinks.
Day 1 Da Nang / Hoi An to Kham Duc (Approx. 200 km)
We’ll follow the Cam Le River out of the City into open countryside, then head up into winding mountain roads to see small hill tribe villages and untouched jungle. Next is a ride north on the historic Ho Chi Minh Trail with sweeping bends through jungle-covered valleys and high mountains before we enjoy local lunch in the in an ethnic minority hill tribe village. Then there’s time for a swim at the bottom of local waterfalls before riding south to the impressive Ba Hoang Waterfall, where the Cham Princess is said to have escaped the Vietnamese into Laos. A short ride into the sleepy town of Kham Duc will bring us to our hotel.
Day 2 Kham Duc to Da Nang / Hoi An (Approx. 180 km)
A quick ride along the runway of the former US air base will bring us out of town and we’ll pass by the huge reservoir with giant hydroelectric dams. We’ll see lots of small villages, rice farming & rubber plantations. Following the less well-known sections of the Ho Chi Minh Trail, we’ll come into the mountains behind the My Son Temples. There’s an opportunity for an optional visit to the My Son Temples – a UNESCO world heritage site with beautiful temples set amongst the jungle. Continuing down to the coast, we’ll ride through small fishing villages and may have time to see the famous painted village of Tam Thanh. Then we’ll head up the coast we pass by the Marble Mountains and the former US marine base at Nuoc Man.
Customise Your Own Tour Date
2 Day Tour – Mountains, Waterfalls and the Ho Chi Minh Trail Summary & Pricing
- Start: Da Nang
- Finish: Hoi An
- Distance: Approx. 380 kms
- Motorcycle: Royal Enfield Himalayan (410cc)
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From USD 387.00 approx AUD 595.00 per person.
- 2 Riders / 2 Bikes / 1 Room: From USD 362.00 appro AUD 557.00 per person.
- Price for Pillion Passenger – From USD 280.00 approx AUD 430.00 per person.
- Price for a private tour – One person only – From USD 462.00 approx AUD 710.00.
Details and approximate conversion as at 23 February 2020.
- 1 Nights accommodation
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Good quality, top condition motorbike
- All Meals while on tour
- Snacks, water & soft drinks while on tour
- First aid kit
- Accommodation fees during tour
- Entry fees, tolls and other ‘on the road’ fees
- Waterproof jacket & pants (if required)
- 15L dry bag (if required)
- Pick up & return to hotel (or airport)
- Adventure & excitement
- Groups of 6 or more include support van
- Groups of 8 or more include tour medic
What can be added to your tour: (Please contact us for pricing)
- Private room – our standard price is based on twin room
- Support Van – if not already included
- Helmet (EU or DOT Standard certified)
- Motorbike Jacket – Lightweight, mesh style – with back, elbow & shoulder protection
- Lightweight motorbike gloves
- Pre & Post tour accommodation – we can assist with hotel recommendations
What you need to provide:
- Appropriate riding clothing – no open toe footwear
- Alcoholic drinks (if you enjoy)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Licence
- International Driving Permit
- Personal expenses
- Visa – as required
- Smiles & laughs