NEW DELHI ROUND TRIP
Ladakh is a beautiful region and is located at a height of 10,000 feet. It is a largely Buddhist dominated area and it is also called Little Tibet. Ladakh is popularly known as Land of High Passes and attract people for its rich Buddhist culture and lovely landscape. It was the crossroads of the ancient trade routes from South Asia and until the end of the 19th century, mule trains carrying shawls and spices made the journey from Amritsar through Ladakh to Yarkand in China. Ladakh’s people are a mix of Tibetan and Indo Aryan – it became part of independent India in 1948. Ladakh is a land of extremes, you can see snow-capped mountains and clear blue skies at the same time as, arid sand dunes; azure blue lakes flow alongside some of the highest mountain peaks and road mix of rough and smooth, which makes undoubtedly the most popular destination for motorcycle tours in India. The thought of a motorcycle ride to Ladakh is not for the faint-hearted but with a bit of resilient nature and determination, one can easily conquer the ride through the mighty Himalayas where the terrain is quite uneven, one must be prepared to face many obstacles and challenges.
This Adventurous Mighty High Himalayan Motorcycle tour is also known as a high altitude motorcycle expedition Tour as you will be staying for overnight on height of 3000 metres to 4600 metres and of course you will ride Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle to conquer World’s Highest Motorable road Khardung-la Pass (18,380 ft), Tanglangla Pass (17,582 ft), Changla Pass (17,586 ft) and beautiful lakes like Pangong Lake, Tsomoriri Lake, Tsokar Lake & enjoy Double Hump Camel Ride in Sand Dunes of Nubra Valley. Riding on World’s Highest Motorable Road and other high passes in Himalaya is the life time moment for every motorcyclist. We invite all thrill seeker motorcycle enthusiast to join in our High Himalayan Motorcycle Adventure Tour on Legendary Royal Enfield 500cc Motorbike to test your guts.
HIMALAYAN HEIGHTS ITINERARY:
Day 1 Arrive Delhi.
Arrive at Delhi’s airport; our representative will personally meet you outside the EXIT gate of arrival terminal, holding a placard of your name and you will be transferred to your hotel with assistance and they will brief you about day by day tour schedule. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2 Delhi to Leh by Air.
Early morning board flight for Leh (3505 metres / 11,567 feet above sea level), which is probably the most mesmerising flight over Himalayas. Upon arrival in Leh airport, received by our representative and transfer to hotel. Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel before 09.30 am. Half Day at rest for acclimatisation. Late afternoon drive to visit Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace. Later in the evening walk around local market. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3 Leh to Lamayuru to Ulertokpo. (Approx. 165 kms / 6 hour ride)
After breakfast ride to Lamayuru (110 kms / about 4 hrs) to visit the 11th century Lamayuru Monastery enroute visiting the mesmerizing MOON LANDSCAPES (you will believe why the name of this area is Moonland. Exactly the same formations of Land are visible as on the moon), Lamayuru is spectacularly located along the valley plain and surrounded by mountains on all sides. Later we ride towards to Uletokpo (55 km / 2 hrs). On arrival, check in a fine camp above Indus River and relax.
Day 4 Uletokpo to Alchi to Likir to Leh. (Approx. 72 kms / 3 hour ride)
After breakfast, drive back to Leh en-route visit Alchi Village, situated on the bank of Indus River. The village is famous for the existence of one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh (a national heritage) Alchi Monastery, mainly known for its magnificent and well-preserved 11th or 12th century wall paintings. Later proceed toward Likir, it contains the huge Buddha statue, museum and various old manuscripts. It also houses an interesting collection of thanks, old religious and domestic costumes and implements etc. While riding back to Leh enroute enjoy the confluence of two rivers Indus and Zanskar, also called Sangam Point, after that visit the Pathar Sahib Gurdwara was built in 1517 to commemorate the visit to the Ladakh region of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder Guru of the Sikh faith and in last visit Hall of Fame (a museum constructed as well as maintained by the Indian Army in the memory of the soldiers who had lost their lives during the Indo-Pak wars. It is also termed as a memorial for the war heroes). Further continue ride to Leh. On arrival, check in hotel and relax. Overnight in Hotel at Leh.
Day 5 Leh to Nubra Valley via Khardung La Pass. (The World’s Highest Road)
After breakfast, ride (125km/ 5 hrs) to Nubra Valley Known as Ldumra (the valley of flowers). There is only one road to Nubra valley, journey to Nubra valley leads through the world’s Highest Motorable Road, Khardungla Pass which is at a height of 5602m. / 18380 ft. above sea level and about 39 kms from Leh and also known as the ‘Pass of Lower Castle’. The place offers amazing picturesque and attractive views of valleys. Bikers from all over the world visit this mountain pass on their motorcycles and do mountain biking which is a refreshing and remarkable experience for lifetime. After crossing the pass, you see the main villages of Nubra Valley like Khardung village, Khalsar and Deskit. On arrival in Deskit Village, check into the camp and relax. Overnight in Deskit.
Day 6 Nubra Valley – Sightseeing.
After breakfast start excursion of the valley & first we visit Deskit Monastery – a 14th century monastery, which is believed to be the largest and oldest monastery in Nubra valley. The monastery can be reached from the Diskit village through a rugged and dusty road that crosses a stream in the middle of the village and later ride to Hundar, here you can see all the elements of nature – desert, snow, greenery and water. Get refreshed by a refreshing experience of Hunder Sand Dunes passing through the White Sand Dunes, where you see double humped Bactrian camels once used by the local traders on the famous silk route. Evening back to Camp and relax or you can do leisure walks around the campsite. Overnight stay in camp.
Day 7 Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake. (Approx. 160 kms / 7 hour ride)
Morning after breakfast, ride to famous blue brackish Pangong Lake. This route is specially recommended for those people who love to face challenges and travel around the world for adventurous vacationing experience. A motorcycle rider will surely like to ride motorbike on this off-road with lot of water streams & it is very hard to find any local people or vehicle. On arrival at Pangong Lake, check into the camp & relax. Later explore the Pangong Lake, where you feel close to nature and its beauty. Overnight at camp near to Pangong Lake.
Day 8 Pangong Lake to Leh. (Approx. 150 kms / 6 hour ride)
Morning after breakfast, ride back to Leh from Pangong Lake by crossing the world’s 3rd highest motorable road Changla Pass at height of 5320 metres. Enroute you will see the many eye catching views of villages below the pass. On arrival at Leh city, check into the hotel and relax. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 9 Leh to Tso Moriri Lake. (Approx. 220 kms / 6 hours ride)
After early breakfast, ride to Tso Moriri Lake. Tsomoriri Lake is a high altitude Lake in Ladakh. It is situated at a height of 4595 m above sea level. Enroute will stop at Chumtang, which is a hot spring in the village and our break for Tea/Coffee. We will stop to the lake before Tso Moriri Lake. It is also called “White Lake” because of the salt deposited around it- this is because there is no outlet from the lake, which makes the water brackish. On arrival in Tso Moriri, check into the camp and relax. Overnight in camp at Tso Moriri.
Day 10 Tso Moriri Lake to Leh via Tso Kar Lake. (Approx. 230 kms / 6.5 hour ride)
After breakfast, ride towards Tso Kar Lake. Tso Kar Lake is a high altitude salt Lake in Ladakh. It is situated at a height of 4530 m above sea level. Later ride continue towards World’s Second highest pass on Tanglang la Pass at 17,582 Feet. We have photography at the pass. Later we ride towards Leh by passing some of the breathtaking villages & road in the mighty Himalayas in Leh and Ladakh region. On arrival at Leh, check into the hotel and relax.
Day 11 Leh to Delhi by Air.
Morning assistance transfer to Leh airport to board once again most fascinating flight to Delhi over the heights of the great Himalayas. On arrival in Delhi, check in hotel and relax. Later enjoy the local sightseeing of Delhi. Overnight in Delhi.
Day 12 Depart from Delhi Airport.
After breakfast you will be transferred to Delhi International Airport according to your flight timing. We hope you have great memories and lots of stories as well from the World’s Highest Rides in the Himalayas.
12 Days – Himalayan Heights Summary
- Region: Ladakh (Upper Himalayas)
- Best Time: May to September
- Number of Days: 11 Nights / 12 Days
- Number of Riding Days: 8 Days
- Duration of Ride: Between 5 and 7 hours a day on Average
- Distance Covered on Motorcycle: 1400 Kilometres
- Grade: Rough Terrain and full of Adventures
- Temperature: 8ºc to 25ºc
2022 Departure Dates
- 22 May 2022 to 02 June 2022
- 02 July 2022 to 13 July 2022
- 20 August 2022 to 31 August 2022
- 03 September 2022 to 14 September 2022
12 Days – Himalayan Heights Pricing
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / Shared Room: From AU$ 3385.00 per person *
- 1 Rider / 1 Pillion / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From AU$ 5695.00 per person *
- 1 Car Passenger / Shared room: From AU$ 2460.00 per person *
- Single Supplement: From AU$ 600.00
* NB: Due to currency fluctuations, the prices above are indicative only. Please contact us for your quote.
- 11 Nights Hotel / Camp accommodations on Twin / Double Sharing basis
- Breakfast and Dinner throughout the tour, except in Delhi where accommodation with breakfast basis only
- All Ground Transfers from your arrival at Airport in India to till departure from India, sightseeing and overland journey by Air Conditioned Vehicle on non-riding days
- Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle on all riding days
- Fuel for Motorcycle
- Experienced English speaking Motorcycle Road Captain for whole trip on his own Royal Enfield Motorcycle including his accommodation & food
- Experienced Royal Enfield mechanic with all necessary spare parts for bikes including his accommodation and food
- Spares parts change in Motorcycle during tour. –Front tube / Rear tube / Spark plug / Clutch and Brake Cables / Clutch and Disc brake pads / Engine oil / Clutch Plate
- First-Aid Medical kit
- Refreshment during rides like Packed Juice, Fresh Fruits, Biscuits, Tea, Coffee etc.
- Back-up Vehicle (Support Car/Van) for your Luggage & Pillion Rider
- One Time Monument / Monastery / Temple Entrances
- The services of an English speaking guide on sightseeing days
- Inner Line Permits (Restricted Area & Wild Life Area Permits)
- All required Video / Camera fees
- Farewell Dinner with Unlimited Beer
- Assistance by friendly, knowledgeable English speaking ground representatives from the moment you arrive in India until the time you leave
- All Currently Applicable Taxes
- International Flights
- Domestic Flight (Delhi-Leh-Delhi)
- Personal medical insurance (compulsory)
- Bike damage
- Extra drinks
- Visa fees
- Items of personal nature such as tips, laundry, liquor, extra drinks etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in the included section.
What to bring on the ride:
Following is a detailed list of items that are required in the Tour for the safety & comfort level. We do not provide any of these, so we highly suggest to our all Riders to bring all of the required items mentioned below:
Clothing & Other Kit:
- Sun Hat / Cap
- Your regular medicine (if any)
- Warm cloths
- Strong pair of Jens pant
- Fleece/under jacket
- Shoes or boots leather & scarf
- Money Belt
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen/sun block UV 30/40
- Lip balm
- Thermos for Hot & Cold
- Bike gloves
- Snood/Dust mask
- Kidney belt
- Water resistant backpack
- Bungee/Cargo net
INQUIRE ABOUT THIS TOUR
This webpage was update on 18/06/2021 and all details were correct at the time.