NEW DELHI ROUND TRIP
Himachal Pradesh is a beautiful hill state in India, nestles in north-west region of western Himalayas & popularly known as the Devbhumi – “Land of the Gods”. Endowed with superb nature beauty features like majestic snow-capped mountain peaks, thick forests, lovely lakes, chatty mountain streams, beautiful meadows with blooming flowers, gorgeous gorges, scenic slopes, lively valleys and magnificent landscapes. From times immemorial, the natural beauty and soothing climate of Himachal has lured people from all parts of the world.
In this Mountainous Motorbike tour, you will experience the travel in UNESCO World Heritage Toy Train and explore the untouched and breathtaking spots of Himachal Pradesh by riding the legendary Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycle through the tranquil landscape which is soothing to the eyes and soul & will make you feel that you are Riding Bike in between Heaven and Earth.
HIMACHAI PRADESH HEAVENLY RIDE ITINERARY:
Day 1 Arrive in New Delhi.
Arrive at Delhi’s airport; our representative will personally meet you outside the EXIT gate of arrival terminal, holding a placard of your name. You will be transferred to your hotel. We offer an optional afternoon guided tour of Delhi. Welcome dinner party tonight in one of Delhi’s colourful local restaurants. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2 Delhi to Kalka by fast train and Kalka to Shimla by toy train.
In the morning you will be transferred to railway station to board fast train to Kalka. On arrival at Kalka railway station, prepare to experience a trip on the historic UNESCO World Heritage Kalka-Shimla Toy Train is like travelling back in time. The railway, built by the British in 1903 to provide access to their summer capital of Shimla, provides one of the most scenic train journeys in India. Kalka to Shimla through toy train offers a grand view of pine covered hill tops, flora and fauna, and the typical picture which makes the hills, queen of hills. On arrival at Shimla railway station, you will be received by our representative and transfer to Hotel.
Day 3 Shimla to Chindi. (Approx. 100 kms / 3 hour ride)
After breakfast, you will be introduced to our Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle and our road Captain will make you understand about the driving rules of India and you will be taught all skills to handle Royal Enfield in Indian mountains. Later start your first day ride toward Chindi Village, which is located in Karsog Valley of Himachal Pradesh. Chindi is also known as abode of calmness in Himachal. Enjoy riding Royal Enfield Motorcycle on tarmac zigzag road along orchards of apples and dense hilly woods of deodars and pines. On arrival, check in hotel and relax. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4 Chindi to Banjar. (Approx. 120kms / 5 hour ride)
After leisurely breakfast ride toward Banjar. Banjar Valley, also known as the “Valley of Tranquillity”, is noted for the splendid scenery, sparkling streams, lakes, meadows, thick forest, and high mountain ranges. On arrival, check in Hotel and relax. Overnight
Day 5 Banjar to Manali. (Approx. 90 kms / 3 hour ride)
After leisurely breakfast start motorbike ride to Manali. Manali is located near the northern end of Kullu Valley & on the banks of River Beas. Manali – an important hill station and breathtaking natural beauty is the hallmark of this valley. En-route enjoy the amazing view of the beautiful villages situated among the green hills On arrival in Manali, check into the hotel and relax. Overnight stay in Manali.
Day 6 Manali – Local Sightseeing.
After breakfast, ride your motorcycle to Rohatang Pass (3978 metres) a high mountain pass. Later back to Manali town and enjoy the visit of Hadimba Devi & Manu Temple in Old Manali, hot water spring at Vashist Temple, Arjun Gufa (Cave of Arjun) and take a walk on Mall Road to see the colourful Market of Manali. Overnight in Manali.
Day 7 Manali to Dharamsala. (Approx. 250 kms / 6 hour ride)
After breakfast, start motorbike ride to Dharamsala, Dharamsala lies on the backdrop of the snow-draped Dhauladhar Mountains, a sub-system of the Himalayas, the town is surrounded by woods of pine and deodar and commands majestic views of the main range and the Kangra Valley below. On arrival check into the hotel and relax. Rest of the day is at leisure or explore local Tibetan markets at the Mcleodganj. Overnight in Dharamsala.
Day 8 Dharamsala to Dalhousie. (Approx. 140 kms / 5 hour ride)
After leisurely breakfast, visit the Tibetan Monastery in Maclodganj (upper Dharamshala) a seat of Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama and later start motorcycle ride to Dalhousie. Dalhousie is spread out over five hills and named after the 19th century British Governor General Lord Dalhousie. Located on the western edge of the Dhauladhar mountain range of the Himalayas, it is surrounded by the beautiful scenery of snow-capped peaks. Dalhousie is situated at 6000-9000 feet above sea level. On arrival check into the hotel & relax. Later visit the Panjpulla (a pretty spot, where water from natural sources flows under five bridges), Bara Patthar (small temple), Bakrota Hills (offers magnificent views of the snow clad peaks). Overnight in Hotel at Dalhousie.
Day 09 Dalhousie to Khajjiar then Chamba returning to Dalhousie.
After breakfast, ride for a full day excursion to Khajjiar and Chamba.
Khajjiar: A picturesque spot with an emerald shaped meadow amidst a dense deodar forest which even has a lake with a floating island at its centre and often called India’s Switzerland, This amazing hill station is houses of magnificent and incredible attraction like 12th century temple Khajji Nag dedicated to Snake God, Five life size wooden images of the five Pandav brothers and Golf Course.
Chamba: Chamba stands on the right bank of the river Ravi. It is a cold land with warm people under the purest of skies, offers a variety of scenic beauty. It is well known for its splendid architecture and a base for numerous attractions like Bhuri Singh Museum, Hari Rai Temple, Laxmi Narayan Temple, Chamunda Temple, Rang Mahal, The Chowgan & St. Andrew Church.
Day 10 Dalhousie to Pragpur. (Approx. 170 kms / 4 hours ride)
After leisurely breakfast start ride to panoramic Heritage Village Pragpur. Pragpur is located in the Kangra Valley and replete with history. It is the home of the famous 18th century Kangra school of miniature painting and probably the world’s – most certainly India’s – oldest ruling lineage comes from here. On arrival, check in Hotel and relax. Later take a walk around to explore the hidden beauty of Nature in Pragpur. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 11 Pragppur to Amritsar. (Approx. 175 kms / 5 hour ride)
After leisurely breakfast start ride to Amritsar. On arrival check into the hotel and relax. Late afternoon we drive about 30 kms to Wagha Border (India-Pakistan Border) and enjoy flag ceremony starts at 4:30 pm and changing of guard. Later drive back to hotel and relax. Overnight in your Hotel.
Day 12 Amritsar to Chandigarh. (Approx. 240 kms / 5 hour ride) then Chandigarh to Delhi by Train.
After breakfast visit the Golden Temple (the beautiful Golden Temple, is made of white marble, bronze and gold leaf). Later start ride to Chandigarh. On arrival in Chandigarh, leave bikes and bid farewell to the crew members. Later you will board in the Fast Train to Delhi (ETD: 6:20 pm – ETA: 9:50 pm). On arrival in Delhi at railway station, you will be received by our representative and transfer to Hotel. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 13 Depart from Delhi.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Airport to board your home flight. If you have late night flight then you have option for the local sightseeing of Delhi or same day trip take the optional tour to visit Taj Mahal.
14 Days – Himachal Pradesh Heavenly Ride Summary
- Region: Himachal Pradesh (North Area)
- Best Time: April to June and October
- Number of Days: 12 Nights / 13 Days
- Accommodation: 3 and 4 Star
- Riding Level Required: Intermediate
- Terrain: 85% Tarmac & 15% Gravel
- Tour Type: Riding on Zig-Zag Mountainous Road
- Number of Riding Days: 10 Days
- Duration of Ride:between 5 and 7 Hours a day on average
- Distance Covered on Motorcycle: 1800 Kilometres
- Grade: Medium
- Temperature: 10º C to 25º C
2022 Departure Dates
- 19 March 2022 to 31 March 2022
- 02 April 2022 to 14 April 2022
- 11 April 2022 to 23 April 2022
- 24 September 2022 to 06 October 2022
- 03 October 2022 to 15 October 2022
14 Days – Himachal Pradesh Heavenly Ride Pricing
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / Shared Room: From AU$ 4680.00 per person *
- 1 Rider / 1 Pillion / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From AU$ 4080.00 per person *
- 1 Car Passenger / Shared room: From AU$ 3000.00 per person *
- Single Supplement: From AU$ 610.00
* NB: Due to currency fluctuations, the prices above are indicative only. Please contact us for your quote.
- 12 Nights Hotel / Camp Accommodation on Twin / Double Sharing basis
- Breakfast & Dinner throughout the Tour
- All Ground Transfers from your arrival at Airport in India to till departure from India, sightseeing & overland journey by Air Conditioned Vehicle on non-riding days
- Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle on all riding days
- Fuel for the Bike
- Experienced English speaking Motorcycle Road Captain for whole trip on his own Bike
- Experienced Royal Enfield mechanic with motorcycle all necessary spare parts
- First-Aid Medical kit
- Refreshment during rides like Packed Juice, Fresh Fruits, Biscuits, Chips, Tea, Coffee Etc
- Back-up Vehicle for your Luggage & Pillion Rider
- Delhi – Kalka / Chandigarh – Delhi Super fast Train Tickets in Aircon Chair Class
- Toy Train Kalka – Shimla Ticket
- One Time Monument / Monastery / Temple Entrances
- All required Video / Camera fees
- Farewell Dinner with Unlimited Beer
- Assistance by friendly, knowledgeable English speaking ground representatives from the moment you arrive in India until the time you leave
- All Currently Applicable Taxes
- International Flights
- Personal medical insurance (compulsory)
- Bike damage
- Extra drinks
- Visa fees
- Items of personal nature such as tips, laundry, liquor, extra drinks etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in included section
What to bring on the ride:
Following is a detailed list of items that are required in the Tour for the safety & comfort level. We do not provide any of these, so we highly suggest to our all Riders to bring all of the required items mentioned below:
Clothing & Other Kit:
- Sun Hat / Cap
- Your regular medicine (if any)
- Warm cloths
- Strong pair of Jeans
- Fleece/under jacket
- Shoes or boots leather & scarf
- Money Belt
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen/sun block UV 30/40
- Lip balm
- Thermos for Hot & Cold
- Bike gloves
- Snood/Dust mask
- Kidney belt
- Water resistant backpack
- Bungee/Cargo net
INQUIRE ABOUT THIS TOUR
This webpage was update on 18/06/2021 and all details were correct at the time.