NEW DELHI ROUND TRIP
Ladakh is a beautiful region located at the height of 3,050 metres. It is a largely Buddhist-dominated area, and it is also called Little Tibet. Ladakh is popularly known as the Land of High Passes and attracts people for its rich Buddhist culture and lovely landscape. It was the crossroads of the ancient trade routes from South Asia, and until the end of the 19th century, mule trains carrying shawls and spices made the journey from Amritsar through Ladakh to Yarkand in China. Ladakh’s people are a mix of Tibetan and Indo-Aryan – it became part of independent India in 1948. Ladakh is a land of extremes; you can see snow-capped mountains and clear blue skies at the same time as arid dunes; azure blue lakes flow alongside some of the highest mountain peaks, and the road mix of rough & smooth, which makes undoubtedly the most popular destination for motorcycle tours in India. The thought of a motorcycle ride to Ladakh is not for the faint-hearted, but with a bit of resilient nature and determination, one can easily conquer the passage through the mighty Himalayas, where the terrain is quite uneven; one must be prepared to face umpteen obstacles and challenges. This Adventurous Mighty High Himalayan Motorcycle tour is also known as a high-altitude motorcycle expedition Tour as you will be staying overnight from 3000 metres to 4600 metres. Of course, you will ride Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle to conquer the Highest Motorable Road, Khardung-la Pass (5359 metres), Changla Pass (5352 metres), Tanglangla Pass (5328 metres) and all three most famous and beautiful lakes like Pangong Lake, Tsomoriri Lake and Tsokar Lake with experience of Double Hump Camel Ride in Sand Dunes of Nubra Valley. Riding on Highest Motorable Road and other high passes in the Himalayas is a lifetime moment for every motorcyclist. We invite all thrill seeker motorcycle enthusiasts to join our High Himalayan Motorcycle Adventure Tour on Legendary Royal Enfield 500cc Motorbike to test you.
THE GRAND LADAKH ITINERARY:
Day 1: Arrive in Delhi.
Arrive at Delhi’s airport; our representative will personally meet you outside the EXIT gate of the arrival terminal, holding a placard of your name & you will be transferred to your hotel with assistance & he will brief you about day by day tour schedule. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2: Delhi to Leh by Air.
The early morning board flight for Leh (3505 metres above sea level) is probably the most mesmerizing flight over the Himalayas. Upon arrival at Leh airport, be met by our representative and transferred to the hotel. Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel before 09.30 am. Half Day at rest for acclimatization. Late afternoon drive to visit Shanti Stupa. Later in the evening, walk around the local market. Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3: Leh – Likir – Hemis Shukpachan (90 Klms / 4 hours riding)
After breakfast, starts the ride to Hemis Shukpachan through a less travelled and scenic classic off-the-beaten trek. It is a beautiful traditional village far from the crowds of Ladakh. A rare and attractive destination for those who want to experience the rich, harmonious and traditional way of life in the Himalayas. En route, visit beautiful Likir Monastery and then continue to Hemis Shukpachan. The rides’ views are spectacular, and there are plenty of apricot orchards and beautiful villages on the way. On arrival, check-in at Eco hotel and relax. This Eco Hotel is built in the traditional Ladakhi architectural style, with bright and comfortable rooms and a beautiful dining room and lounge with traditional Tibetan Buddhism murals painted by a local artist of the village. The hotel lies in the lap of nature, free from pollution, nested in the heart of the Himalayan mountain ranges. Later take a walk in the village.
Overnight stay in Hemis Shukpachan.
Day 4: Hemis Shukpachan – Al Chi – Leh
After leisure breakfast at the eco-resort, start the ride to visit Alchi village, situated on the bank of the Indus River. The village is famous for the existence of one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh (a national heritage), Alchi Monastery, mainly known for its magnificent and well-preserved 11th or 12th-century wall paintings. Further riding back, also enjoy the confluence of two rivers, Indus & Zanskar, also called Sangam Point; after that visit, the Pathar Sahib Gurdwara was built in 1517 to commemorate the visit to the Ladakh region of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder Guru of the Sikh faith & in last visit Hall of Fame (a museum constructed as well as maintained by the Indian Army in the memory of the soldiers who had lost their lives during the Indo-Pak wars. It is also termed as a memorial for the war heroes). Further, continue the ride to Leh. On arrival, check-in at the hotel and relax.
Overnight in Hotel at Leh.
Day 5: Leh to The Nubra Valley Via Khardung La Pass (125 Klms / 6 Hours riding)
Hold your breath, as today will be the day that takes you to the top of the world. We will ride over Ladakh’s highest motorable pass (Khardung-La Pass, 5,359 metres), with breathtaking views of the Himalayan ranges. On reaching the Top, enjoy the celebration with a photography session and a cup of Tea/Coffee from the highest Cafeteria in the World. Later ride (86 Kms/3 Hrs) more to Nubra Valley, Known as Ldumra (the valley of flowers). On arrival, check into the camp & relax. Later enjoy a ride on the Double Humped Bactrian Camel in the dunes of Nubra Valley. A unique feature of the dunes in Nubra Valley is that they are grey, unlike the brown dunes seen in the Thar desert of Rajasthan. This evening enjoy dinner with a bonfire.
Overnight in Nubra Valley.
Day 6: Nubra Valley Sightseeing.
In the morning, enjoy a leisurely breakfast at camp. In the afternoon, enjoy the visit to Deskit Monastery – a 14th-century monastery believed to be the largest and oldest monastery in Nubra valley. The monastery can be reached from the Diskit village through a rugged and dusty road that crosses a stream in the middle of the village and later ride to Hundar, where you can see all the elements of nature – desert, snow, greenery and water. Get refreshed by a refreshing experience of Hunder Sand Dunes passing through the white Sand Dunes, where you see double-humped Bactrian camels once used by the local traders on the famous silk route. Evening back to Camp & relax, or you can do leisure walks around the campsite.
Overnight stay in camp.
Day 7: Nubra Valley to Pangong lake (160 Klms / 7 hours riding)
After breakfast, ride to the famous blue brackish Pangong Lake. This route is especially recommended for those who love to face challenges and travel worldwide for adventurous vacationing experiences. A motorcycle rider will surely like to ride a motorbike on this off-road with many water streams, and it is tough to find any local people or vehicles. On arrival at Pangong Lake, check into the camp and relax. Later explore Pangong Lake, where you feel close to nature and its beauty.
Overnight at camp near Pangong Lake.
Day 8: Pangong Lake to Leh (150 Klms / 6 hours riding)
The morning after breakfast, ride back to Leh from Pangong Lake by crossing the 2nd highest motorable Road, Changla Pass, at 5355 Metres. En route, you see the many eye-catching views of villages below the pass. On arrival at Leh city, check into the hotel & relax. Overnight stay in Leh.
Day 9: Leh to Tso Moriri Lake (220 Klms / 6 hours riding)
After early breakfast, ride to Tso Moriri Lake. Tsomoriri Lake is a high altitude Lake in Ladakh. It is situated at the height of 4595 metres above sea level. En route, stop at Chumtang, a hot spring in the village and our break for tea/coffee. We will stop at the lake before Tso Moriri Lake. It is also called “White Lake” because of the salt deposited around it- this is because there is no outlet from the lake, which makes the water brackish. On arrival in Tso Moriri, check into the camp & relax.
Overnight in camp at Tso Moriri.
Day 10: Tso Moriri Lake to Leh via Tso Kar Lake (230 Klms / 6 to 7 hours riding)
After breakfast, ride towards Tso Kar Lake. Tso Kar Lake is a high-altitude salt Lake in Ladakh. It is situated at the height of 4530 m above sea level. Later ride continued towards the second highest pass-Tanglang la pass, at 5328 metres. We stop to do some photography at the pass. Later we ride towards Leh by passing some of the breathtaking villages and roads in the mighty Himalayas in Leh and the Ladakh region. On arrival at Leh, check into the hotel and relax.
Overnight in Hotel at Leh.
Day 11: Leh to Delhi (By Air)
Morning transfer to Leh airport to board the fascinating flight to Delhi over the heights of the great Himalayas. On arrival in Delhi, check in the hotel and relax. Later enjoy the local sightseeing of Delhi.
Overnight in Hotel at Delhi.
Day 12: Transfer to Delhi Airport.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Delhi International Airport according to your flight timing. We hope you have great memories and many stories from the World’s Highest Rides in the Himalayas.
12 Days – The Grand Ladakh Summary
- Country / Region & Location: Ladakh (Upper Himalayas)
- Best Time: June to September
- Number of Days: 11 Nights / 12 Days
- Number of Riding Days: 8 Days
- Accommodation: 3-Star and 4 Star
- Riding Level Required: Intermediate (Must be a Motorbike Fit)
- Terrain: 70% Tarmac & 30% Gravel
- Tour Type: On Road but with some rough terrain and full of Adventures
- Duration of Ride: Between 5 to 7 Hours a day on Average
- Distance Covered on Motorcycle: 1500 Kilometres
- Temperature: During nights and early mornings, 8º C to 12º C and daytime 18º C to 30º C
2023 Departure Dates
- 22 May to 02 June 2023
- 02 June to 13 June 2023
- 20 August 2023 to 31 August 2023
- 03 September 2023 to 14 September 2023
12 Days – The Grand Ladakh Pricing
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / 1 Room: AUD 3970.00 per person
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / Shared Room: AUD 3370.00 per person
- 1 Rider / 1 Pillion / 1 Bike / 1 Room: AUD 2910.00 per person
- 1 Car Passenger / Shared room: From AU$ 2600.00 per person
* NB: Due to currency fluctuations, the prices above are indicative only. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for your quote.
- 11 Nights Hotel / Camp accommodation on a Twin / Double Sharing basis
- Breakfast and Dinner throughout the Tour, except in Delhi where accommodation with breakfast basis only
- All Ground Transfers from your arrival at Airport in India to till departure from India, sightseeing and overland journey by Air Conditioned Vehicle on non-riding days
- Royal Enfield 500cc Motorcycle on all riding days
- Fuel for Motorcycle
- Experienced English-speaking Motorcycle Road Captain for the whole trip on his own Royal Enfield Motorcycle, including his accommodation and food
- Experienced Royal Enfield mechanic with all necessary spare parts for bikes, including his accommodation and food
- Spares parts change in Motorcycle during the Tour. –Front tube / Rear tube / Spark plug / Clutch and Brake Cables / Clutch and Disc brake pads / Engine oil / Clutch Plate
- First-Aid Medical kit
- Refreshments during rides like Packed Juice, Fresh Fruits, Biscuits, Tea, Coffee etc.
- Back-up Vehicle (Support Car/Van) for your Luggage & Pillion Rider
- One Time Monument / Monastery / Temple Entrances
- The services of an English-speaking guide on sightseeing days
- Inner Line Permits (Restricted Area & Wild Life Area Permits)
- All required Video / Camera fees
- Farewell Dinner with Unlimited Beer
- Assistance by friendly, knowledgeable English-speaking ground representatives from the moment you arrive in India until the time you leave
- All Currently Applicable Taxes
- International Flights
- Domestic Flight (Delhi-Leh-Delhi)
- Personal medical insurance (compulsory)
- Bike damage
- Extra drinks
- Visa fees
- Items of personal nature such as tips, laundry, liquor, extra drinks etc.
- Anything which is not mentioned in the included section.
What to bring on the ride:
Following is a detailed list of items that are required in the Tour for the safety & comfort level. We do not provide any of these, so we highly suggest that all Riders bring all of the required items mentioned below:
Clothing & Other Kit:
- The licence is full and valid to ride a 500cc motorcycle.
- Travel Insurance: Must cover you when riding a 500cc motorcycle.
- Sun Hat / Cap
- Your regular medicine (if any)
- Warm clothes
- Strong pair of Jeans pant
- Fleece/under jacket
- Shoes or boots leather & scarf
- Money Belt
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen/sun block UV 30/40
- Lip balm
- Thermos for Hot & Cold
- Your regular medicine.
- Riding Jacket, with Built-in Armour and removable inner lining
- Riding Trousers with Built-in Armour
- Knee and Elbow Armour
- Protective Gloves, warm for the Himalayas.
- Ankle High Leather or Riding Boots
- Rain Gear
- Sunglasses or Goggles
- Hydration Pack