- clearly communicate the personal and sensitive information handling practices of Ride The World Motorcycle Tours;
- enhance the transparency of Ride The World Motorcycle Tours’ information collection processes; and
- to give individuals a better understanding of the sort of personal information that Ride The World Motorcycle Tours, and the way Ride The World Motorcycle Tours handles that information.
4. Personal Information
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not.
Personal information may include your name, address (including previous addresses), information about you (including medical information), contact telephone number(s), e-mail addresses, bank account and credit card details, and details about flight, hotel, transfers and other related travel details and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our services to you.
5. Sensitive Information
We will only collect your sensitive information with your consent and where information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our services.
We will only use and disclose your sensitive information for the primary purpose for which it was collected or a purpose that is directly related to this primary purpose and is reasonably expected. You consent to the use and disclosure on this basis. If for example we have collected information about any medical conditions you are suffering, then you consent to us disclosing this information to our service providers (for example ground operators) if they reasonably have a need to know such information in order to safely supply services for your benefit.
We will not otherwise collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you unless required to do so by law.
6. Collection of personal information
In the course of regular business activity and in order to use the website and/or our services, Ride The World Motorcycle Tours will from time to time collect, require and otherwise deal with your personal and/or sensitive information.
If you do not want any of your personal and/or sensitive information collected, you can stop using the website and/or our services at any time (subject to applicable contracts), however we may not be able to provide our services to you.
Ride The World Motorcycle Tours collects personal and/or sensitive information from individuals in numerous ways, including when an individual:
- visits or uses the website or social media channels;
- contracts or corresponds with Ride The World Motorcycle Tours in person or via telephone, email, mail or directly through our website;
- makes a purchase(s) from Ride The World Motorcycle Tours or enquires about travel arrangements with us;
- makes payment of an invoice; or
- provides us with personal and/or sensitive information, including for example allowing information on social media to be shared with us or signing up for a promotion or competition or when you subscribe to receive marking from us (e.g. a newsletter).
We may also collect personal and/or sensitive information about you from third parties or where Ride The World Motorcycle Tours is required to do so by law
Ride The World Motorcycle Tours does not generally take steps to:
- verify personal and/or sensitive information about any individual disclosed to it; or
- seek additional personal and/or sensitive information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it,
except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for us to do so or as may be required by law, including (but not limited to) confirming the identity of an individual seeking access to personal and/or sensitive information.
You may control, refuse and/or delete cookies by using the appropriate setting on your browser as you wish, however, if you do so you may not be able to access portions of our website.
8. Use of personal information
9. Direct marketing communications
We may contact you using the contact details, which you provide to us in order to provide you with direct marketing communications about our services in accordance with the law.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us using the details set out below or by functionality within such communications.
We may disclose personal and/or sensitive information we hold to:
- our directors, officers, employees and other associated companies or related entities or organisations;
- our contracted service providers;
- credit card providers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies;
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- third party suppliers of products or services which you have selected (such as airlines, ground operators, hotels and insurance providers);
- third party travel service providers who assist in fulfilling the booking you have made;
- our online booking facility operator and host and others who assist in providing these services;
- third party sponsors or co-sponsors of promotions on our website. Only information collected during a promotion will be disclosed to these parties;
- third parties when we contract out some of our functions and activities, such as call centre operators. In these circumstances, we prohibit third parties from using your personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
11. Overseas Disclosure
We may disclose personal and/or sensitive information to overseas recipients in order to provide services.
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with our services such as facilitation or fulfilment of your travel booking and/or to enable the performance of administrative and technical services by them on our behalf.
12. Access to personal information
If you would like access to your personal and/or sensitive information, please contact our office directly via the contact details found below under “Contact”.
13. Correction of personal information
If Ride The World Motorcycle Tours holds personal and/or sensitive information about you and you believe that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, please make a request to our office for correction. Contact details can be found below.
14. Storage and Security
Ride The World Motorcycle Tours will take reasonable steps to protect the personal and/or sensitive information we hold from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Ride The World Motorcycle Tours may store personal information physically and/or electronically.
15. Links – external websites
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal or sensitive information or if you wish to access or amend personal and/or sensitive information we hold about you, please make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to:
Post: P.O. Box 1018, Sutherland, New South Wales, Australia 1499
Phone: +61 2 9501 1939
If you decide to contact us for any of the reasons above, we request that you provide us with sufficient details regarding your reason for getting in touch with us.
We note that if necessary, we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your ID, passport or other valid identity document.
We will investigate and consider any complaint received by us and a response will be provided to the complainant as soon as practicable.
Last Updated: 11 November 2021