DANANG / HOIAN ROUND TRIP
DA NANG / HOI AN, HUE, HAI VAN PASS & THE HO CHI MINH TRAIL TOUR ITINERARY:
Meet at 9:00 am for full tour briefing. Have your passport, rider’s licence, International Driver’s Permit and 3 month visa for Vietnam ready to enable the authorisation for you to ride legally in Vietnam. You will then be introduced to your Royal Enfield Himalayan. There will be time to enjoy a Vietnamese coffee and the rest of the day to explore before meeting up at 6:00 pm for dinner and drinks.
Day 1 Da Nang / Hoi An to Hue (Approx. 250 km)
We’ll follow the Cam Le River out of the City into open countryside, then head up into winding mountain roads to see small hill tribe villages and untouched jungle. Next is a ride north on the historic Ho Chi Minh Trail with sweeping bends through jungle-covered valleys and high mountains. We’ll have a local lunch in the A Shau Valley near the notorious Hamburger Hill, and then follow the curves and mountain passes down towards the coast. Finally, the small back roads will take us into Hue city, past the giant tombs of the last emperors of Vietnam. We’ll finish looking out over the city from the rooftop pool of our hotel.
Day 2 Hue to Da Nang / Hoi An (Approx. 120 km)
We’ll start the day with a visit to the Imperial Citadel of Hue, a UNESCO world heritage site and home to the last emperors of Vietnam. Heading out of the city, you’ll quickly find yourself back in endless rice paddies riding small roads through the countryside where you can see the massive square fishing nets spread across the giant Tam Giang Lagoon system. Then we’ll visit the City of Ghosts, Vietnam’s most luxurious cemetery before having lunch on the beach. Next is a real treat: a short ride down the beautiful Lang Co Bay that brings us to the incredible Hai Van Pass where 21 km of sweeping bends over 500m of jungle-covered mountain gives us the most amazing coastal views in central Vietnam. Finally, it’s back to base.
Customise Your Own Tour Date
2 Day Tour – Da Nang/ Hoi An, Hue, Hai Van Pass and The Ho Chi Minh Trail Summary & Pricing
- Start: Da Nang
- Finish: Hoi An
- Distance: Approx. 370 kms
- Motorcycle: Royal Enfield Himalayan (410cc)
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From USD 387.00 approx AUD 595.00 per person.
- 2 Riders / 2 Bikes / 1 Room: From USD 362.00 approx AUD 525.00 per person.
- Price for Pillion Passenger – From USD 280.00 approx AUD 430.00 per person
- Price for a private tour – One person only – From USD 462.00 approx AUD 710.00
Details and approximate conversion as at 023 February 2023.
- 1 Nights accommodation
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Good quality, top condition motorbike
- All Meals while on tour
- Snacks, water & soft drinks while on tour
- First aid kit
- Accommodation fees during tour
- Entry fees, tolls and other ‘on the road’ fees
- Waterproof jacket & pants (if required)
- 15L dry bag (if required)
- Pick up & return to hotel (or airport)
- Adventure & excitement
- Groups of 6 or more include support van
- Groups of 8 or more include tour medic
What can be added to your tour: (Please contact us for pricing)
- Private room – our standard price is based on twin room
- Support Van – if not already included
- Helmet (EU or DOT Standard certified)
- Motorbike Jacket – Lightweight, mesh style – with back, elbow & shoulder protection
- Lightweight motorbike gloves
- Pre & Post tour accommodation – we can assist with hotel recommendations
What you need to provide:
- Appropriate riding clothing – no open toe footwear
- Alcoholic drinks (if you enjoy)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Licence
- International Driving Permit
- Personal expenses
- Visa – as required
- Smiles & laughs