HUE TO PHONG NHA (OR VV)
Enjoy the unbeatable scenery on the Ho Chi Minh Highway and arrive in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Phong Nha National Park.
PILLION TOUR – HUE TO PHONG NHA (OR VV) ITINERARY
Day 1 Hue to Khe Sanh (Approx. 240 km)
Taking the small back roads out of Hue city, we’ll cross the beautiful Tam Giang lagoon before following the coast through small fishing villages and aqua-farming ponds. We’ll then enjoy a local-style lunch at Vinh Moc and have a chance to visit the incredible underground tunnel network at Vinh Moc village. The entire village lived underground for 8 years to escape the American bombing! A truly amazing place. Next, is a visit the 17th Parallel marker where you can see the famous Hien Luong bridge before taking Route 9 past the remains of many US Bases and into the mountains and cross the DMZ itself.
Day 2 Khe Sanh to Phong Nha (Approx. 250 km)
The day starts with a visit to the Khe Sanh combat base. The longest battle of all the wars in Vietnam took place here and we can see tanks, helicopters, and planes still sitting on the runway as well as a small museum. Next, we’ll join the Ho Chi Minh Trail West road. One of the best roads in Asia for bikers, this road should be on everyone’s bucket list. We’ll then ride through the coffee plantations before climbing an 1,100 metre mountain pass covered in untouched jungle. in the seemingly endless mountains and jungle, you’ll find small wooden stilt house villages where the tribes live a peaceful, traditional lifestyle. As we come to the start of the giant limestone Karst formation mountains we can stop for lunch in a small hill tribe town. After carrying on through more mountains, more views and more amazing riding, we’ll finally enter Phong Nha National park, a UNESCO Heritage area of natural beauty. There, we’ll follow the historic Victory Road down to the river and finish at the hotel.
Customise your own tour date
- Hue to Phong Nha (or reverse) – From USD 384.00 approx AUD 590.00 Per Person.
- Price for a private tour – One person only – From USD 484.00 approx AUD 745.00 .
Details and approximate conversion as at 02 February 2023.
All inclusive adventure (except alcohol)
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Good quality, top condition motorbike
- All meals while on tour
- Snacks, water and soft drinks while on tour
- First aid kit
- Accommodation fees during tour
- Entry fees, tolls and other ‘on the road’ fees
- Helmet (EU or DOT Standard certified)
- Waterproof jacket and pants
- 15L dry bag (if required)
- Professional motorbike rider with A2 license
- Pick up and return to the hotel or airport
- Adventure and excitement
What can be added to your tour: (Please contact us for pricing)
- Private room – our standard price is based on twin room
- Support Van – for luggage, foods and group members who want to join the tour without riding
- Motorbike Jacket – Lightweight, mesh style – with back, elbow and shoulder protection.
- Lightweight motorbike gloves
- Hotel upgrade – in Hue we can upgrade hotels
- Pre and Post tour accommodation – we can assist with hotel recommendations
What you need to provide:
- Appropriate riding clothing – no open toe footwear
- Alcoholic drinks (if you enjoy)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
- Visa – as required
- Smiles & laughs
Our bikes have space on the luggage rack for 1 small to medium sized bag per customer. About 15kg max. We can also supply a 15L dry bag. It will also be possible for you to wear a small, over the shoulder bag or similar to keep your valuable items in.
For customers who are travelling with larger luggage, we recommend you send your main luggage by one of the many bus services which run daily between Phong Nha, Hue, Danang & Hoi An. Your hotel reception should be able to assist you with this.