DANANG / HOI AN ROUND TRIP
A blast of a ride on some of Vietnam’s best roads through jungle, hill tribe villages, and historical sites.
HILL TRIBES AND MOUNTAIN RIDES TOUR ITINERARY:
Meet at 9:00 am for full tour briefing. Have your passport, rider’s licence, International Driver’s Permit and 3 month visa for Vietnam ready to enable the authorisation for you to ride legally in Vietnam. You will then be introduced to your Royal Enfield Himalayan. There will be time to enjoy a Vietnamese coffee and the rest of the day to explore before meeting up at 6:00 pm for dinner and drinks.
Day 1 Da Nang / Hoi An to Dak To (Approx. 280 km)
We’ll head down the coast past the Marble Mountains and along the beaches of Hoi An. Leaving the coast, we can see the mountains ahead as we slowly climb through small villages and rice farming areas. The rice farming turns to acacia tree plantations and later to jungle as we head further up the hills In the dense jungle, you’ll find waterfalls and we can stop for a local-style lunch in a remote hill tribe town. The road from here is only a few years old and we’ll often have it all to ourselves as we climb up to about 1,800 metres. You can catch amazing views of untouched jungle as we ride through small ethnic minority hill tribe villages. We’ll come to Dak To with time to pose for a photo on the army tanks in the town square and finish the day with a ride along the runway at the old US Airbase and on to our hotel.
Day 2 Dak To to Kham Duc (Approx. 180 km)
We’ll head out through the small hill tribe villages via small roads and see the most rural areas. This day is a ride through one of central Vietnam’s most beautiful valleys. Few people know about this route as it’s been open to foreigners for just a few years. With dense jungle, hill tribe villages and stepped rice paddy terraces, this area is like a small version of Sa Pa. We’ll stop for lunch in the middle of the valley with some local tribes people. Here, we can see the rare types of ginseng being collected, dried, and sent off to the wealthier, urban Vietnamese areas. Next, we’ll come out of the valley to meet with the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Finally, a short ride into the sleepy town of Kham Duc brings us to our hotel.
Day 3 Kham Duc to Da Nang / Hoi An (Approx. 150 km)
A quick ride along the runway of the former US air base will bring us out of town and we’ll pass by the huge reservoir with giant hydroelectric dams. You’ll see lots of small villages, rice farming & rubber plantations. Following the less well-known sections of the Ho Chi Minh trail, we’ll come into the mountains behind the My Son Temples. There’s an opportunity for an optional visit to the My Son Temples – a UNESCO world heritage site with beautiful temples set amongst the jungle. Continuing down to the coast, we’ll ride through small fishing villages and may have time to see the famous painted village of Tam Thanh. Then we’ll head up the coast we pass by the Marble Mountains and the former US marine base at Nuoc Man. Finally, it’s back to our base and the end of our journey.
Customise Your Own Tour Date
3 Day Tour – Hill Tribes and Mountain Rides Summary & Pricing
- Start: Da Nang
- Finish: Hoi An
- Distance: Approx. 610 kms
- Motorcycle: Royal Enfield Himalayan (410cc)
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From USD 593.00 approx AUD 915.00 per person.
- 2 Riders / 2 Bikes / 1 Room: From USD 543.00 approx AUD 835.00 per person.
- Price for Pillion Passenger – From USD 420.00 approx AUD 646.00 per person
- Price for a private tour – One person only – From USD 743.00 approx AUD 1,145.00
Details and approximate conversion as at 23 February 2020.
- 3 Nights accommodation
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Good quality, top condition motorbike
- All Meals while on tour
- Snacks, water & soft drinks while on tour
- First aid kit
- Accommodation fees during tour
- Entry fees, tolls and other ‘on the road’ fees
- Waterproof jacket & pants (if required)
- 15L dry bag (if required)
- Pick up & return to hotel (or airport)
- Adventure & excitement
- Groups of 6 or more include support van
- Groups of 8 or more include tour medic
What can be added to your tour: (Please contact us for pricing)
- Private room – our standard price is based on twin room
- Support Van – if not already included
- Helmet (EU or DOT Standard certified)
- Motorbike Jacket – Lightweight, mesh style – with back, elbow & shoulder protection
- Lightweight motorbike gloves
- Pre & Post tour accommodation – we can assist with hotel recommendations
What you need to provide:
- Appropriate riding clothing – no open toe footwear
- Alcoholic drinks (if you enjoy)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Licence
- International Driving Permit
- Personal expenses
- Visa – as required
- Smiles & laughs