DANANG / HOI AN ROUND TRIP
A 4-day loop through some of Vietnam’s best scenery, including mountains, jungles, and a good bit of the DMZ.
MOUNTAIN AND DMZ ADVENTURE LOOP TOUR ITINERARY:
Meet at 9:00 am for full tour briefing. Have your passport, rider’s licence, International Driver’s Permit and 3 month visa for Vietnam ready to enable the authorisation for you to ride legally in Vietnam. You will then be introduced to your Royal Enfield Himalayan. There will be time to enjoy a Vietnamese coffee and the rest of the day to explore before meeting up at 6:00 pm for dinner and drinks.
Day 1 Da Nang / Hoi An to Thanh My (Approx. 200 km)
We’ll follow the Cam Le River out of the City into open countryside and visit Hill 55 Sniper Training School from the wartime. Today, there will be an option to visit the My Son Temples – a UNESCO world heritage site with beautiful temples set amongst the jungle. We’ll ride on the historic Ho Chi Minh Trail, taking sweeping bends through jungle-covered valleys and high mountains before enjoying local style lunch in a quiet town. From there we can go swimming at the bottom of the waterfalls. Finally, a short ride into the sleepy town of Thanh My brings us to our hotel.
Day 2 Thanh My to Lao Bao (Approx. 280 km)
The day starts with a ride north on the historic Ho Chi Minh Trail with sweeping bends through jungle-covered valleys and high mountains. Next, we’ll have a local style lunch in the A Shau Valley near the notorious Hamburger Hill, and then follow the curves and mountain passes down towards the coast. Still following the Ho Chi Minh Trail, we’ll pass by reservoirs and rivers and small stilt house villages of the local tribes people. As we enter the former DMZ Area we can follow the Historic Route 9 further up the mountains and towards the Laos border gate where we’ll have a quick stop for a photo on an abandoned tank and then continue to Lao Bao. You can visit the local market in Lao Bao where all sorts of ‘questionable’ items are to be found making their way across the border. A cold drink awaits us at the hotel.
Day 3 Lao Bao to Hue (Approx. 240 km)
We’ll start the day with a visit to the Khe Sanh Combat Base. The longest battle of all the wars in Vietnam took place here and we can see tanks, helicopters, and planes still sitting on the runway as well as a small museum. Next, we’ll follow Route 9 past the remains of many US Bases and out of the mountains and start to cross the DMZ itself, now covered in rubber plantations and pine trees. From there you can visit the 17th Parallel Marker and see the famous Hien Luong Bridge. Then it’s down to the coast to find the incredible underground tunnel network at Vinh Moc village. The entire village lived underground for 8 years to escape the American bombing. A truly amazing place. We’ll have a local style lunch at Vinh Moc before following the coast through small fishing villages and aqua-farming ponds. Then we’ll cross the beautiful Tam Giang Lagoon and take the small back roads into Hue city to find the hotel.
Day 4 Hue to Danang / Hoi An (Approx. 120 km)
We’ll start the day with a visit to the Imperial Citadel of Hue, a UNESCO world heritage site and home to the last emperors of Vietnam. Heading out of the city, you’ll quickly find yourself back in endless rice paddies riding small roads through the countryside where we can see the massive square fishing nets spread across the giant Tam Giang Lagoon system. Then we’ll visit the City of Ghosts, Vietnam’s most luxurious cemetery before having lunch on the beach. After that is a real treat: a short ride down the beautiful Lang Co Bay that brings us to the incredible Hai Van Pass where 21 km of sweeping bends over 500m of jungle-covered mountain gives us the most amazing coastal views in central Vietnam. Finally, it’s back to base for a cold beer!
2021 Departure dates being released soon
4 Day Tour – Mountain and DMZ Adventure Loop Summary & Pricing
- Start: Da Nang
- Finish: Hoi An
- Distance: Approx. 840 kms
- Motorcycle: Royal Enfield Himalayan (410cc)
- 1 Rider / 1 Bike / 1 Room: From USD 1,015.00 approx AUD 1,560.00 per person.
- 2 Riders / 2 Bikes / 1 Room: From USD 940.00 approx AUD 1,446.00 per person.
- Price for Pillion Passenger – From USD 776.00 approx AUD 1,195.00 per person.
- Price for a private tour – One person only – From USD 1215.00 approx AUD 1870.00.
Details and approximate conversion as at 23 February 2020.
- 3 Nights accommodation
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Good quality, top condition motorbike
- All Meals while on tour
- Snacks, water & soft drinks while on tour
- First aid kit
- Accommodation fees during tour
- Entry fees, tolls and other ‘on the road’ fees
- Waterproof jacket & pants (if required)
- 15L dry bag (if required)
- Pick up & return to hotel (or airport)
- Adventure & excitement
- Groups of 6 or more include support van
- Groups of 8 or more include tour medic
What can be added to your tour: (Please contact us for pricing)
- Private room – our standard price is based on twin room
- Support Van – if not already included
- Helmet (EU or DOT Standard certified)
- Motorbike Jacket – Lightweight, mesh style – with back, elbow & shoulder protection
- Lightweight motorbike gloves
- Pre & Post tour accommodation – we can assist with hotel recommendations
What you need to provide:
- Appropriate riding clothing – no open toe footwear
- Alcoholic drinks (if you enjoy)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Motorcycle Licence
- International Driving Permit
- Personal expenses
- Visa – as required
- Smiles & laughs